Whether you prefer a chicken salad, roasted chicken, grilled chicken, soup, or fried chicken in Australia, the leanest part of the chicken is very nutritious, and at the same time, delicious. It can give vitamins, nutrients, proteins, and other essential elements needed by the body for optimum health. So, if you’re planning to have a perfectly balanced diet, make sure to include this nutritious poultry on the list.
Every kitchen in a household has chicken on their fridge. Moreover, chicken is the most popular meat in the whole world, toppling beef away from its throne last year. What could be the reason behind its popularity? Is it about health benefits? Or probably because of its unique, juicy-flavored meat?
Today’s article will focus on the impressive health benefits that you can get from eating chicken meat. To find out more, simply scroll down this page.
High-Quality Source of Protein
Chicken is one of the most excellent sources of high-quality protein. It is lean, full of essential nutrients and amino acids. According to research, in each 3.5 oz. (100 grams) of cooked skinless and boneless chicken breast, you will get 31 grams of protein – that’s more than half of the daily recommended protein intake for an average person.
In addition to that, chicken’s proteins consist of all the essential amino acids. For instance, a chicken can give an ample amount of needed amino acid tryptophan, which is commonly known to trigger a comforting and relaxing in many individuals. Some individuals have mistakenly blamed amino acid tryptophan for feeling drowsy. Another amino acid that can be found on the chicken is called isoleucine, and it helps to heal the wound faster, stabilization of blood sugar levels, and growth. Also, the threonine compound keeps the cardiovascular system, nervous system, and immune system from functioning.
Chicken can give all the nine essential amino acids that humans must gain through diet because a person’s body cannot produce them on their own. Thus, chicken meat is a complete protein provider that any other food can’t give.
Also, chicken happens to be the most efficient protein of all the foods when it comes to delivering the essential acids needed by the body per amount of the food eaten.
Full of Essential Nutrients
Aside from being famous as a good source of high-quality protein, chicken also consists of a variety of health beneficial nutrients. The following vitamins and nutrients listed below can be found on chicken’s meat. Also, it shows a few essential functions that each vitamin and minerals do within the human’s body:
- Vitamin A: Helps to keep a healthy vision and skin and also assists with the neurological function of the body, can fight free radical damages and can support immune system function
- Vitamin B2: Also known as Riboflavin, it helps to maintain a healthy blood cell, protect the eye and skin health, block free radical damage, contributes to growth, and enhance energy levels
- Vitamin B3: Another term for Vitamin B3 is Niacin, it helps to have a healthy cardiovascular system, proper metabolism, and helps with brain function
- Vitamin B5: Also known as Pantothenic Acid, support metabolism, help turn carbohydrates and fats into fuel (energy)
- Vitamin B6: Another term is Pyridoxine, it helps with the function of digestive, muscular, immune, and nervous system functions
- Vitamin B7: Also known as Biotin, it helps to boost metabolism, and helps to support the cell growth and tissue maintenance, while promoting healthy hair and skin
- Vitamin B12: Helps to protect your nerves and red blood cells. It also assists with energy production
- Zinc: Supports hormone production and helps to boost the immunity system, and fights free radical damages.
With these tons of minerals and vitamins, indeed, chicken meat has impressive health benefits. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a sumptuous fried chicken in Australia, and start digging in!