WhatsApp is an instant messaging platform that is available on all types of iOS like android, apple, windows and blackberry where you can chat, share content like photos and videos with your contacts. WhatsApp is easily available for Android phones and looks like they are made for each other with the quick updates that are available on android phones which take a long time on other types of phones. WhatsApp is a free and the most preferred platform to chat by many. With its latest additions of making calls and video calls free of cost with a good clarity, why wouldn’t it get the popularity that it has gained now? WhatsApp initially partnered with android to initiate its services. For the same reason, an android phone gets the latest updates instantly which take some time on other iOS phones. It is very easy and hassle free to download whatsapp for my phone. Here are the steps involved:
Downloading WhatsApp on android phone – Here’s how to go about it
- The first step is to look for the app. Open Google play store on your android phone and search the app under the name “WhatsApp Messenger”. Ensure to check the icon and the name. Quite often the first one that appears will be the correct one. If you are a new user, you may also search by “download WhatsApp on my phone” in your mobile browser and you will be guided.
- Click on the app and open it.
- Now click on install and the app will automatically install.
- Now open and follow the instructions of giving your name, phone numbers, country etc. Follow the steps carefully to configure your profile.
- Verifying your phone number is also an essential step.
For iPhone – Here’s how to go about it
- Open the App store on the phone.
- Click the search bar and type “WhatsApp” and click on search.
- Now tap on “Get”. WhatsApp will download. In case you have already downloaded this app, it will be shown as a cloud icon with an arrow facing downwards.
- Once downloaded, click on “install”.
- When prompted, give your apple password and the app will be completely installed.
- Now tap on “Open”, agree to the terms and conditions and follow the instructions to complete your verification.
- You will be prompted for a phone number verification. You can choose to get the verification code or a call to verify your phone number.
- Now press the home button and open messages where you will get a 6 digit number in the text body. Type this code into WhatsApp and with that you finish customizing your profile.
- Update your name, profile picture and that’s done. Now you can start using WhatsApp.
For Windows phone – Here’s how to go about it
- Open Market place
- Search for WhatsApp and click on install.
- Once the install is over, open the app and verify your details just like above.
- Add your name and profile picture and you are ready to use the App.