Visiting a new destination with family can be a thrilling experience only when the planning will be perfect. Starting from hotel bookings to transportation and making things to do list, everything needs to be done in advance for a great experience. If you have booked an all-inclusive trip, then you do not have to worry about anything but if you have planned on your own then below discussed things has to be taken care of.
Deciding the destination
If you would like to explore the places near Mexico, then none the other than Playa del Carmen serve best to your purpose. The place is a heaven for adventure lover and the people who are fond of beaches and coastal regions. The nearest airport is Cancun, from where you have to travel about 45 minutes to an hour for reaching stepping in the destination.
Choices of transportation from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen
There are numbers of transportation option available for you from the airport to your hotel destination depending upon the headcount. Have a look on few of them and decide one which will suit you best.
- Rent a car – This is one of the most convenient options and will be available at the airport prior to your arrival.
- Private service – If you are traveling in a group, then you can avail the private transfer service which will be cheaper and will drop you at the hotel in very less time.
- Shuttle service – You can get a faster, convenient service but will be expensive if traveling alone. For a group, it will be a perfect alternative for transportation. You can book online also. These vans are able to accommodate 8 persons with luggage.
- Shared shuttle – For single travellers, a shared shuttle will be good to save money. But you have to deal with a lot of competitors available outside the airport. And it is time taking as well because of the several stoppages along the way.
- Taxi services – It’s one of the fastest and safe modes of transportation and convenient as well, but only 4 people can get space with very limited luggage.
- Bus service – Buses are also available at a less expensive rate but you have to wait in the queue and traveling time will also be more. And from bus stops you have to hire a taxi which will definitely be frustrating if you are with the family. So, not a good option for holiday transportation.
Some adventurous places for spending quality time with family or friends:
- Beaches – Mamitas and Akumal
- Nightlife – full of enjoyment with bars, nightclubs, and live music.
- Eco parks – Xichen, Xenotes, Xoximilco, Coba etc.
- Boats on rent – Explore the coastal regions differently
- For a bird’s eye experience of the city – hire a helicopter
Safety about the place
From the point of safety view, each and every aspect which includes transportation from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen or visiting the city, it is one of the safest tourist destination.